Huntington Beach City School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu

NEW Student Enrollment 2020 - 2021

Welcome all new families to the Huntington Beach City School District!
Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on March 11, 2020. Please follow the NEW student enrollment process detailed in the steps below. 
  • To register a new student, you must have a valid address within the Huntington Beach City School District attendance area. Please click on "HBCSD MySchoolLocator" below to see the district's attendance area and to find your school of residence.

    HBCSD MySchoolLocator 
Below is a list of documents you will need to enroll in the Huntington Beach City School District. Please make sure you have all the necessary documents at the the time of enrollment. 
Verification of Identity
  • Driver's License (any photo driver's license or CA ID card permitted)
    • Note: The address on the identification must match the "Proof of Residency" documents submitted (i.e. property tax receipt, utility bill, etc...) IF your ID does not match your address complete the following steps:
  • Government issued ID with photo
  • If you are an agent or representative of social services or foster care agency, appropriate identification is required.
Proof of Residency
Submit two of the following that reflect your name and current address provided during online enrollment. 
Note: Service and mailing addresses on all submitted documents must be the same residential address within HBCSD boundaries; P.O. Box addresses and utility service disconnection notices will not be accepted.
  • Property tax payment receipt
  • Rental property agreement, lease, or payment receipt
  • Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt
    • Current Gas and Electric are the only utility service contracts accepted.
      In the event a utility service connection is used as proof of residency, then a utility bill must be provided within 45 days to assure continued enrollment. 
  • Pay stub
  • Voter registration
  • Correspondence from a government agency
Completed Residency Verification Form
The Residency Verification Form must be completed by all families and is designed to verify residency in a specific school's attendance area. In cases in which residency is in question, the school district may conduct a residency investigation. Residency verification is a parent responsibility and falsification of information provided on this document will be grounds for immediate cancellation of enrollment. Please click on the "Residency Verification Form and Affidavit  20-21" link below to access the document.
For families currently living in a co-residency home, the "Co-Residency Form" must also be completed and attached to the "Residency Verification and Affidavit Form". Please click on the "Co-Residency Form 20-21" link below to access this additional document.  
Student Immunization Records
Click on the link below for an explanation of the student health requirements for school entry including immunization records for Grades TK/K - 8th Grades. 
Health Immunization Form (TK - 1st Grade)
All Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st grade students must have completed a physical examination no more than six months prior to entering transitional kindergarten, kindergarten, and/or 1st grade. Click on the link below to access the form. 
Child's Birth Certificate or Passport
Ensure to bring the student's birth certificate or valid passport to the enrollment appointment. 
Other important documents to bring the day of your enrollment appointment:
  • Academic transcript or report card from previous school. Prior school records will be requested by the school site. 
  • Student IEP/504 documents, if applicable.
  • GATE letter from previous district, if applicable.
  • ELPAC language test documentation, if applicable.
Students will be assigned to a school of residence during online enrollment. The following options are available to families to complete enrollment. As we focus on safety precautions for staff and the school community, all required documents will be collected electronically for 2020-2021 new student enrollments. School contact information for all schools are listed after this list of options. 

  • Option #1 (Preferred): Scan and email all required documents to your designated school of residence.
    • If you do not have a home/office scanner here are some simple steps to use your mobile phone to scan documents.
      • iPhone: Open "Notes", click on the note icon in the bottom right corner to start a new note, click on the camera icon, click scan documents, and keep scan. Once all documents are scanned click save. At the top right of the screen click on the square icon with the up arrow and use the mail option to email the documents
      • Android: Open Google Drive, in the bottom right corner click add, click scan, take a photo of the document, scan another page, click add, and click done. Use the mail option to email the documents. 

  • Option #2: Fax documents to your school of residence's office.
  • Option #3: IF you are not able to submit document via the options above, please contact your school of residence's office to set up an appointment to complete enrollment in person at the school.
HBCSD School Information: