Welcome all new families to the Huntington Beach City School District!
Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on March 11, 2020. Please follow the NEW student enrollment process detailed in the steps below.
STEP 1: ONLINE PRE-ENROLLMENT
To register a new student, you must have a valid address within the Huntington Beach City School District attendance area. Verification of residence will be required after you complete the Online Pre-Enrollment step.
- Once the online Pre-Enrollment is completed, please proceed to Step 2.
- Online Pre-Enrollment does not determine placement at a specific school.
- Due to pending reconfiguration of school boundaries within our district, notification of school assignment of students in grades TK - 5th will be mailed to families in mid-May 2020.
- Enrollment will be finalized once Step 3 is completed in person at your school of assignment.
Click on "HBCSD District Boundary Map" for a general view of the district's attendance area.
STEP 2 - GATHER ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS
Below is a list of documents you will need to enroll in the Huntington Beach City School District. Please make sure you have all the necessary documents at the the time of enrollment.
Verification of Identity
- Driver's License (any photo driver's license or CA ID card permitted)
- Note: Address on ID must match "Proof of Residency" documents submitted (i.e. property tax receipt, utility bill, etc...)
- Government issued ID with photo
- If you are an agent or representative of social services or foster care agency, appropriate identification is required.
Proof of Residency
Submit two of the following that reflect your name and current address provided during online enrollment.
Note: Service and mailing addresses on all submitted documents must be the same residential address within HBCSD boundaries; P.O. Box addresses and utility service disconnection notices will not be accepted.
- Property tax payment receipt
- Rental property agreement, lease, or payment receipt
- Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt
- Current Gas and Electric are the only utility service contracts accepted.
- In the event a utility service connection is used as proof of residency, then a utility bill must be provided within 45 days to assure continued enrollment.
- Pay stub
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
Completed Residency Verification Form
The Residency Verification Form must be completed by all families and is designed to verify residency in a specific school's attendance area. In cases in which residency is in question, the school district may conduct a residency investigation. Residency verification is a parent responsibility and falsification of information provided on this document will be grounds for immediate cancellation of enrollment. Please click on the "Residency Verification Form and Affidavit 20-21" link below to access the document.
For families currently living in a co-residency home, the "Co-Residency Form" must also be completed and attached to the "Residency Verification and Affidavit Form". Please click on the "Co-Residency Form 20-21" link below to access this additional document.
Student Immunization Records
Click on the link below for an explanation of the student health requirements for school entry including immunization records for Grades TK/K - 8th Grades.
Health Immunization Form (TK - 1st Grade)
All Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st grade students must have completed a physical examination no more than six months prior to entering transitional kindergarten, kindergarten, and/or 1st grade. Click on the link below to access the form.
Child's birth certificate or passport
Ensure to bring the student's birth certificate or valid passport to the enrollment appointment.
Other important documents to bring the day of your enrollment appointment:
- Academic transcript or report card from previous school. Prior school records will be requested by the school site.
- Student IEP/504 documents, if applicable.
- GATE letter from previous district, if applicable.
- ELPAC language test documentation, if applicable.
STEP 3 - SET UP YOUR APPOINTMENT TO COMPLETE ENROLLMENT
- TK - 5th Grades: Families will receive a school assignment letter for their student(s) in mid-May. Please make an appointment at your school of assignment and take your assignment letter to your appointment.
- 6th - 8th Grades: Students will be assigned to a school during online enrollment. You may complete school enrollment beginning March 16, 2020.
Note: Walk-ins are accepted, but to avoid long lines and unpredictable wait-times, you are strongly encouraged to book an appointment.