What it is:
The curriculum lab is designed to meet instructional program needs by providing hundreds of quality supplemental materials for grades K-8. New materials and ideas are constantly added to the extensive retrieval files. In addition, as a parent or teacher you will find extensive retrieval files containing materials which include units in all areas of study, classroom management ideas, manipulatives, arts and crafts ideas, seasonal ideas, suggestions for classroom environment and much more. Samples for many of the teaching aids are on display to assist with your selection.
Who can use it:
This very “user friendly” lab is available to the administrators, teachers, staff and volunteers of the Huntington Beach City School District. Come in and browse, share your inspirations, and feel the enthusiasm in the air -it’s catching!
Joseph R. Perry Elementary School
19231 Harding Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
Tuesday - 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Wednesday - 10:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Thursday - 10:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
PH (714) 964-8888 X 2038
FAX (714) 962-3347
First Day of Operation - August 21, 2018
Closed for the Winter Break - November 19, 2018 through January 4, 2019
We will resume regular lab hours on January 9, 2019 at 12:00 PM
Closed for the Spring Break - April 16, 2019 through April 18, 2019
We will resume regular lab hours on April 23, 2019
Final Day of Operation - May 16, 2019
- Children under the age of 16 years are not permitted for any reason.
- Please Sign In…
It is of the utmost importance that each person signs the register in case of emergency and because the existence of the lab is dependent upon the number of persons served.
- Laminators, 12”, 18” and 24” (fee)
- Ellison letter machines - 5 originals and 3 extra large machines
- Alphabets - 1-1/4", 2", 3", 4", 5", 10"
- More than 300 decorative dies
- Cassette copier
- Spiral binding machine
- Electric label maker
- Dry mount press
- Light box
- Opaque projector
- Corner rounders
- Paper punch (regular and decorative)
- Staplers (heavy duty/long reach)
- Paper cutters (standard and rotary)
- Eyelet Machine
- Decorative scissors
- Photo copier (10 copy limit)
- Color printer
- Computer Clip Art (printed and computer)
- Wide variety of fonts
- Internet access
- Poster Printer ($5.00 charge)
- Paper (construction, railroad board, butcher, tissue, colored copy paper)
- Art supplies (markers, chalk, crayons, colored pencils, glue, scissors, etc.)
- A multitude of small items for creating classroom teaching aids.
Lab personnel are always available to answer questions and to provide ideas. Persons new to the lab are encouraged to ask for an orientation.
Volunteers are much appreciated and encouraged to assist our teachers and students. Nearly 1,020 volunteer hours were recorded in the Curriculum Lab last year. Bring a friend, have a great time and make a difference in your child’s education!
Materials and equipment are for use in the Curriculum Lab only. Please check with lab personnel if you wish to remove “raw” materials. Thank you.
Persons using the workspace are asked to observe closing hours and to clean their work area before leaving. Thank you.