The HBCSD Educational Services Department provides service and support in the development, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of rigorous academic learning programs based on the California Content Standards/California Common Core Standards for students in grades kindergarten through eight. By utilizing research-based instructional program strategies and materials, teachers and support staff work to ensure that we provide both innovative and successful learning experiences for all students. Some examples of mandates and programs served by this division are:
- Instructional Materials/California State Textbook Adoptions
- Library/Media Services/Curriculum Lab
- Health Services
- Early Learning Programs, including Preschool Academy
- English Language Learners
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE)
- Kindergarten School Readiness
- Professional Development for Certificated and Classified Instructional Staff
- Federal Programs; such as No Child Left Behind (NCLB), Title I, Title II, Title III, and Fiscal Program Monitoring (FPM)
- State Programs; such as Standardized Testing and Achievement Reporting (STAR), Gifted and Talented Education (GATE), and Economic Impact Aid (EIA).
Educational Services is committed to supporting the Huntington Beach City School District mission... "to support the academic and personal development of every student so that each student becomes a responsible, well-rounded individual who achieves success and fulfillment in a global environment."
For more information about department services, please access one of the links on the top right side of this page. If you need additional assistance, access the Directory link which will provide you with our telephone numbers and e-mail address information.